- Individual so you can buy as many as required
- Made from GOTS certified organic cotton
- The string is long enough for using this bag with mugs or with a teapot
- Reduces packaging waste and the energy and resources used to produce commercial tea bags
- The string is natural unbleached organic cotton, with no dye
- Measures 9cm x 9cm
How to use:
You just pop your loose tea straight into them and use as a normal teabag. Then just empty the leaves into your compost, wash them out and start again. Essentially they are just a plastic free teabag.
- To hand wash - turn them inside out and compost all the tea bits. Soak in cold water to help prevent stains. Hand wash in your sink with a little washing up liquid, then a quick rinse under the tap. Line dry.
- For a deeper clean, soak the tea bag for a few hours in vinegar and water(apple cider or white vinegar) 1 part vinegar to two parts water.
- If the tea bag was used for tea with milk - hand wash after each use. If no milk, rinse and reuse 1-2 times (same day) and then hand wash.
Brand Story: These plastic free tea bags are made in the UK by Eco Living. They are a company who are committed to doing the least harm to the environment by being carbon neutral and planting trees through Eden Reforestation Projects. All of their products are manufactured responsibly and are plastic-free and vegan.
Reusable Organic Tea Bags
Did you know that most high street tea bag brands contain plastic? The reason for this is so that they don't split when you pour hot water over them, but can mean that we're actually consuming small plastic particles with our brew, which is terrifying! Since finding this out, I have switched to loose leaf tea which you can buy in most places and I find actually tastes a lot better!
At only £0.60 a bag, this is a budget friendly swap as they can be reused over and over again for a long time!
As a MASSIVE tea lover, I can't wait to give these babies a try when they arrive! I will update this section shortly.
My rating: TBC - Watch this space!