A lovely face scrub made from repurposed Arabica coffee grounds sourced from artisan coffee shops around London. Buff away dry and dead skin cells to leave your skin lovely and smooth.
- Face exfoliator for dry and dehydrated skin
- Rosehip oil and shea butter moisturise the skin post-scrub
- Handmade in the UK
- Cruelty free
- Orange oil acts as both an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory to reduce redness and irritation.
- Lemon verbena helps to tone the skin.
- Strong antiseptic properties which helps to treat acne and spots for a clear complexion.
- Housed in a 100ml aluminium tube in fully recyclable packaging. The standard packaging is a black plastic PP lid (per the images) but I have arranged with UpCircle to offer these with white lids instead of black so that they can easily be recycled, and also to offer a 'cap-less' option for your future re-stocks so that you can keep the same plastic lid and reduce waste.
- Featured in the press extensively including The Times, Forbes, Glamour, The Sunday Times, Refinery 29, The Independent, Good Housekeeping and many more.
How to use:
Shake scrub vigorously to mix before applying to damp face in circular motions. Focus on the bridge of your nose and your forehead. Leave for a few moments, rinse with warm water and pat dry. This scrub can be used several times per week - UpCircle recommend up to three times a week for best results.
UpCircle is a small UK company that handmake skin care products using repurposed ingredients wherever possible to avoid things going to waste. Their ultimate mission is to leave the world better than they found it by transforming ingredients that would otherwise be discarded into natural, organic beauty products. All of their products are Cosmos-approved, vegan, cruelty free, SLS and SLES free, palm oil free, silicones free, parabens free, sulfates free and parfum free!
Ingredients: Coffea Arabica Seed Powder, Sucrose, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Oil, Lippia Citriodora (Lemon Verbena) Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Cedrus Atlantica (Cedarwood) Bark Oil, Boswellia Serrata (Frankincense) Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, *Limonene, *Linalool. *Natural constituent of essential oils listed.
UpCircle Coffee Face Scrub - Citrus Blend (For Dry Skin)
The whole UpCircle mission is to prevent a linear economy by repurposing ingredients that would otherwise be thrown away. These scrubs are made with coffee grounds from cafes around London that would otherwise have ended up in landfill, which to me, makes this product a massive improvement in itself!
Not only this, but all of their products are vegan, cruelty free, sustainable, palm oil free, organic and 100% recyclable packaging that is as plastic free as possible!
Before I started my plastic free journey, I used to get all of my skin care products from The Body Shop. As a comparison, face scrubs on The Body Shop vary from £8 to £18 depending on the range, so at £12.99 this is a fairly average price for a face scrub, with all of the added environmental benefits!
I tried the Citrus Blend variety of the coffee scrubs out of the three as this is the one that is best suited to my skin type.
My first impressions of the product is that the size is decent for the price. The tube is rather big so should last a fair while! The smell of the scrub is lovely, but if you can't stand the smell of coffee then it's probably best to avoid the UpCircle scrubs.
Sounds silly, but it's a very scrubby scrub! I've used some in the past that don't feel like they've really done much. This is definitely a scrub. My face felt so soft and clean after using it and I would definitely recommend it! I followed it with the UpCircle Face Serum and slept on it, and my face felt so soft the next day! Definitely making this scrub part of my weekly skin routine!
My rating: 10/10