Guest Blog Post by Catia Amaral from ElJemel
Steam your face for 5 min with water.
Apply plain Aloe Vera gel and massage for 5 min
We all wish for a perfect smooth and even skin, but unfortunately not many of us have such gift. Uneven skin tone may take any form such as redness, acne scars, age spots, or sun damage.
It can be temporary or permanent, and may be caused by:
No matter what the cause of your uneven skin is, there is always a solution to help you smooth out your complexion.
1. A moisturizer is a must for all skin types. It helps soothe the skin, resolving dryness and redness. Choose natural and organic moisturizers over a chemical one because what you put on your skin will eventually get into your bloodstream, such as fragrance which are synthetic chemicals.
2. Use a natural sunscreen regularly to prevent sun damage to your skin. Not only will this prevent immediate redness but also hyper-pigmentation.
3. Certain foods are best to be avoided such as sugary snacks, that may speed up development of wrinkles and age spots. Other substances to avoid:
Alcohol, which causes blood vessels to dilate.
Processed foods that can cause wrinkles and diseases over time
4. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that protects against free radical damage such as the uneven skin tone. We recommend you to consume as much as possible of:
5. Lemon juice can be an effective skin lightener. Apply some squeezed lemon juice to the affected area at least twice a day until you're satisfied
6. Witch hazel has anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce irritation and redness. You can apply witch hazel topically directly to the skin.
7. Rosehip oil is a powerful antioxidant which fights the free radical damage and simultaneously boost collagen production.
You can apply its oil directly to the skin for maximum benefits.
8. If you need a quick solution use makeup! You don't need a full makeup as if you're going to a party. Just a little:
Foundation, which offers a thick coverage, to be applied all over the face.
Tinted moisturiser, which doesn’t offer the full coverage but can help with minor unevenness.
Concealer, which can cover blemishes or skin discolouration.
Avoid any Laser treatment, Microdermabrasion or Clinical peels.
Microdermabrasion is not always effective for deeper problems such as scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, or deep acne scars. With laser, there is a high risk of worsening the condition (I speak from experience). While not often, chemical peelings may result in infection or scarring.
We offer natural, organic, cruelty free products that are safe for you, and kind to the environment.
If you're seeking a product for uneven skin tone visit our website Eljemel.com. We've got your back!
P.S. If you don't find what you need, feel free to use the Live Chat!